Help with invalid dBZ values

Hello! I am new to LROSE and I am starting with using fractl to run a dual doppler analysis between mobile radars. While running fractl I encounter this error:

Fractl: throwerr: invalid valDbz: 327.67

libc++abi: terminating due to uncaught exception of type char*

Abort trap: 6

This error comes up for a RaXPol cfradial file. How can I go about fixing this? I have switched out files to try a different time and Im still getting the same error. I appreciate any help! Thank you in advance!

Hi Leah,

Can you send a couple sample files and your parameter file? A google drive or dropbox link would work.

Thanks!
Jen

Here is a google drive link. I uploaded 3 RaXPol files and my params.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oskn11iIiL4Yt1y8hrL10lyK66luDqbo?usp=drive_link

Thank you!
Leah

Sorry I just realized I needed to set up the folder so anyone can view it. It should work now :slight_smile:

Hi Leah,

I noticed some artificially high DBZ1 values close to the radar (~327; which I think is producing the invalid DBZ error). I removed those using RadxQc and I was able to get FRACTL to run (though I’m not sure if the results are as you expect).

You can run the following command to run RadxQc on the 3 files and FRACTL should run then on the output files. I’ve included a link to the parameter file I used for RadxQc.

RadxQc -params ./RadxQc.params -f ./data/*.nc -outdir ./qc_output

You’re also welcome to remove those data values using another method. Let me know if that works for you.

Jen

Hi Jen,

This worked for me! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Leah