RadxMesoCyclone sample output ane methodology

Good afternoon LROSE community,

I’ve been looking through the documentation and GitHub repositories and am wondering if there is any sample output from the RadxMesoCyclone tool? Maybe using the the parameter examples from: https://github.com/NCAR/lrose-core/tree/0349b63ed67481057b82e25ff93be95a090f3487/codebase/apps/Radx/src/RadxMesoCyclone/test

Additionally, is there a high-level description of the methodology that I could find or be pointed to? Or if it’s based on a journal article?

Thanks in advance!
-Katie Ward

Hi Katie,

I wanted to let you know that I’m reaching out to colleagues at NCAR to find this out for you. I believe RadxMesoCyclone is a relatively new application, which could be why this information isn’t as readily available.

I’ll respond as soon as I hear back.

Jen

Hi Katie,

This is the response I received from colleagues at NCAR. Feel free to shoot me an email if you’re interested in speaking with them.

Jen

Unfortunately this was an app developed by me working solo during the pandemic, and this is the beta version, with no additional documentation, and no testing by anyone else, as far as I know. I put it aside due to funding limitations, and would characterize it as maybe 3/4 done. It’d be interesting to try it out on the recent tornadoes and see what it does.

Hi Jen,

Thank you for getting back to me on this and passing along the information. It seems like a really useful application, I hope someday it can get the funding to finish building it out!

-Katie